Vital Football

Latest Hereford United News

Cinderford humble Bulls.

Hereford United.
5 - 6
Cinderford Town.

Edgar Street.

23/9/14. 7-45pm.

Attendance: 226 (46 away).


Result at Full time 1-1. After Extra Time 2-2. Cinderford win penalty shoot out 4-3.

Cinderford played Hereford United off the park last night. Apart from brief spells of attacking play the foresters were head and shoulders above the Bulls and should have wrapped the game up in normal time.

Jon Taylor either misjudged the opposition or had to much faith in the 7 players he brought into the side replacing the core of the side that played so well against Biggleswade.

Viner, O'Reilly, O'Neill, Barrientos, Gregory, Fortnam- Tomlinson, and Hall came in to the side, while regulars Yafai, Roberts, Akinde, Kone provided insurance from the bench alongside Oyibo.

The game started evenly with Hereford getting the first opportunity from an Agombar corner which Fortnam-Tomlinson met with his head but had already been flagged for offside.
Cinderford then had a free kick in a dangerous position which they made a complete hash of before a 20 yard attempt from Jack Oldham was saved by Viner.
On 9 minutes a Garyn Preen corner came to nothing due to a foul in the box by Oldham, but the pattern had been set.

Mor Diop did flash a cross past the far post for the Bulls, but Viner was quickly back in action saving from Ethan Moore.
O'Neill then wasted an opportunity for the bulls shooting over when well placed, and a weak header from Mor Diop was easily saved by Harris in the foresters goal.

Cinderford should have scored when lloyd rounded Viner but Barrientos scrambled his goalbound effort off of the line.
Barrientos then missed an absolute sitter at the other end as Obi Onyeike's cross beat Harris and he blazed over an open goal.
Moore then almost scored with Viner blocking his shot enough for Jonah Gregory to clear.

Another Preen corner was pulled up for a foul, and Moore headed just wide when well placed.
Cinderford should have been 3-1 up at halftime.

Halftime; Bulls 0 Foresters 0.

The second half started with the Bulls looking brighter and Harris did brilliantly to tip over Steve Vetiers curling shot, and from an Agombar cross O'Neill shot just wide.
On 57 another Bulls corner taken by Agombar was easily cleared.

Cinderford then regained control and following Mor Diop's break ending one on one with Harris which the keeper dealt with, Lloyd blew a two on one choosing to shoot from 20 yards when Morgan was wide open, the shot resulting in a corner.

On 67 Moore left Barrientos floundering and Jacob Morgan should have scored, but again Viner somehow managed to save his shot.
Cinderford continued to press and control the game and finally on 77 Preen scored the goal they deserved. The Bulls were caught asleep at a quickly taken short corner from which Preen's left foot shot cannoned into the net off the far post.
Viner almost gifted Preen another but the foresters midfielder just failed to convert.

The Bulls had brought on Yafai and Akinde and Yafai saw an effort brilliantly turned around a post by Harris and another effort fizz just wide as the Bulls sought a late equaliser.
Another shot from Yafai then flashed just wide before on 89 minutes a moment of madness when Harris felled Akinde on the edge of the box resulted in a Bulls penalty.
O'Neill stepped and buried the penalty giving Harris no chance.
Yafai then unleashed a cracking shot that almost won it in stoppage time.

Fulltime: Bulls 1 Foresters 1.

Into extra time and many felt that the stronger fitter Hereford side would prevail however it was Ethan Moore who brought a magnificent save out of Viner, before a Garyn Preen freekick ws deflected for a corner.
Preen then forced another good save from Viner cutting in and shooting low at the near post.

Another substitute Abboubakkar Kone then got himself into a shooting position for the Bulls and sliced his effort over the bar.

ET Halftime: Bulls 1 Foresters 1.

The second period of extra time was somewhat slower until a Gary O'Neill shot produced the corner from which Sam Akinde headed the Bulls into the lead for the first time in the game in the 109th minute.

Cinderford though fought for an equaliser and when Steve Vetier felled Nelmes in the box, Ethan Moore's twice taken penalty put the match all square with 5 minutes to play.
No further scoring saw the game drawn after extra time and a penalty shoot out required to decide the match.

ET Fulltime; Bulls 2 Foresters 2.

Penalty shoot out,Bulls first to take a penalty;

O'Neill (scored) 1-0. Preen (scored) 1-1.

Vetier (scored) 2-1. Moore (scored) 2-2.

O'Reilly(missed) 2-2. Oldham(missed) 2-2.

Yafai (scored) 3-2. Powell(scored) 3-3.

Oneyeike(missed) 3-3. Paddock(scored)3-4.

Cinderford win 6-5 (4-3 penalties).

Teams; Hereford United; Viner, Oneyeike, O'Reilly, O'Neill(capt), Barrientos, Gregory, Fortnam-Tomlinson, Hall, Mor Diop, Agombar, Vetier. Subs; Yafai,Roberts,Kone,Akinde,Oyibo.

Cinderford Town: Harris, Haile, Sheehan, Keightly, Nelmes, Oldham, Emery, Powell, Lloyd, Moore, Preen.
Subs; Thomas, Turley, Morgan, Paddock, Donaghue.

Date:Wednesday September 24 2014
Time: 2:26PM

Best of Vital Network

Login to post a comment

Site Journalists

Write for Vital Bulls
Write For Vital Bulls
Apply Here

Current Poll (see more polls)

How much confidence do people have in the promised investment.
Suggested By: admin
Some, but wavering now6%
Write for Vital Football
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News
The Vital Football Members League

Recent Hereford FC Results (view all)

Hereford FC Fixtures (view all)

Breaking League News

Vital Football Comment