London Bulls Launched
After a successful preliminary launch earlier this month, the London based group of Hereford United supporters looks set to grow.
Minutes: 3rd August 2010
Here are the minutes of the first open meeting held on Tuesday, 3rd August 2010 at the Morpeth Arms, Westminster. It was attended by 11 persons with further 8 persons who were unable to attend on the evening.
Further expressions of interest have since been received from another 5 persons.
1. Attendees mentioned past frustrations in obtaining tickets for home and away matches from the club. It was suggested a mechanism was put in place whereby it was easier for London based fans to buy tickets.
2. It was suggested that membership/involvement with any supporters club should provide better access to tickets, perhaps even preferential treatment. It is not possible for fans to go to Edgar Street to buy tickets for the 'big matches`. Another mentioned the possibility of a small number of tickets being made available to buy online. Furthermore, that a specific person at HUFC was designated to deal with all ticket enquiries for London based fans.
3. It was mentioned that there is a very large following of HUFC supporters in London and the Home Counties. But there was no 'glue` sticking them altogether and recruiting fans into one single group where the attraction of attending games would be all the more attractive if part of a unified social group.
4. Two key benefits for any formation of the club were constantly repeated: To provide the opportunity to attend social events and to make it easier to travel to home and away games.
5. Recruiting new supporters into a new club and some immediate social events to 'get the ball rolling` was agreed by the group to be a sensible way of commencing things.
6. Those who attended also indicated their willingness to join Nick in meeting with Tim Russon to discuss how a new London Supporters Club could be of mutual benefit - both to supporters and to the Club.
7. All those who attended agreed the supporters club should be as closely aligned to the club as possible whether it is how the supporters club is to be administered or by ensuring any funds/subscription from a supporters club could go directly to HUFC.
8. Attendees welcomed the new regime and their efforts to ensure HUFC becomes more 'fan friendly`.
9. Tony Williams had suggested he would like to help running an Away Travel Club.
10. Nick said he would be willing to build a London supporters website in collaboration with Gregg and Jamie at his own cost. Allan Leighton suggested a page could be set up within the official website and Keith Hall has agreed to launch a page within the Vital Hereford website.
11. Rob Jeffrey mentioned the need to start logging all interested supporters. Nick said this had begun and would continue to be done.
12. Three attendees mentioned the possibility of a 'discount` card with the new supporters club to be like the current membership scheme for HUFC - but aimed specifically at London supporters.
13. It was agreed by a few attendees that a London Supporters club could easily attract around 50-100 supporters with reasonable ease in year one.
1. Meeting for Nick and other interested London supporters to meet with Tim Russon at Edgar Street to agree a way forward for the formation of a Hereford United London Supporters Club on Saturday, August 28th 2010 at 12:30pm.
2. An informal social evening has been confirmed for Tuesday, 21st September: 'Cider on the Terrace` at the House of Commons from 6pm to be hosted by local MP, Jesse Norman.
3. Another meeting for London Supporters to agree a terms of reference regarding official formation of new supporters club in early October.
4. Nick to e-mail London supporters in the interim to suggest 'pub meets` for fellow supporters for future home and away games.
5. All attendees to keep sending Nick by email - contact details for all interested, London based supporters.